Saturday 28 June 2014

Make Up - Contouring using the Sleek Contour Kit

Hey there...

You good???

I am extra specially happy today as yesterday me and my cousin booked our flights to go to New York in October - Woop Woop! (Let me know of any cool places to shop or eat!). I loooooove The Big Apple I was last there in January for my 25th birthday and I'm already going back! :-)

So today I'm sharing what kit I use to contour.....Sleek Contour Kit of course!!!


Contour - subtle but strong or nah?
Why Contour I hear you say?
Contouring is used to add a 'shadow' to where we want to appear thinner and more defined...hollows of our cheeks - this makes our face appear more thinner, contour the jaw line - this can make our jaw and neck appear more chizzled and help blur any double chin we have (I have it and hate it urgh!) We can also contour the sides of our nose to make it appear smaller.
Some people even contour their collarbone to make it stand out more...me personally, I don't do all of that, I do not have the time girl, I just do a lil cheek contour sometimes jaw and nose and I'm done.

Also, I'm not a fan of those mega dark and hard contours on me, I just like it strong but subtle (if ya get me?) - but if you like yours more dark and hard...then girl do you I'm not here to judge ;-). Careful though, only go 2 to 3 shades darker than your skin tone otherwise it will just make you look like you have dirt on your face, and we are NOT going for that look! No sir!
 

What I use...
Sleek Face Contour Kit 'Medium'
This contour kit is by Sleek, it's very affordable I got mine here from Superdrug for £9.99 and I got the shade 'medium'.

Left - Contour Powder, Middle - Shimmer highlight, Right - Shimmer bronzer
As you can see on the left I have hit pan lol I use this every time I do a full face make up look, the other 2 shades are shimmery the middle is a highlight and the shade on the right is a shimmery bronzer (I never use the other 2 I don't like shimmer to much). But the matte contouring powder is a God send! I love it, you can use a little for a subtle contour like I do or you can go hard and build it to how you like it.

Real Techniques 'Expert Face Brush'
I like to use my Real Techniques 'Expert Face Brush' (from boots here) and do a strong line down the hollow of my cheek under my cheek bone and then blend. I add more if I need or I blend it out with my Mac Skin Finish powder if I've added to much. I use the same brush to contour my jaw line and a smaller brush for my nose. After contouring pleaseeeee blend! Harsh lines are a no no so blend it out until you are happy with the look...after all it's your face right? :-)

Leave a comment of any tips or tricks you would like to share.

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram!

Thanks for reading...

x

No comments:

Post a Comment