Monday 2 May 2016

Summer Make Up - MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte Liquid Lipstick Review + The Perfect Application

Hi Ladies,

Today I am coming to you with 2 of my fave lipsticks for summer 2016 from the MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte Liquid Lipstick line ... Of course these arn't my only fave lipsticks for the Summer...just from the MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte line ;-)

I like most of the colours from this line and have purchased 5 or 6 of them so far, I of course love the darkest shade High Drama the most, but the two I will defo be rocking this summer are:

 
Feels So Grand:
This shade is the perfect matte red shade! It's bright and vibrant, perfect for the upcoming warmer brighter weather. The applicator is soft, smooth and distributes the  product lightly.

Recollection:
This shade is like a liquid version of Heroine...sort of. It's a vibrant light purple colour, I use it with the MAC lip liner in Magenta.



As with all matte lipsticks you want to prepare your lips so they arn't all dry and crusty after an hour or two! So I like to exfoliate my lips with my trusty Lush Bubblegum lip scrub, I then moisturise them with a touch of coconut oil and let that sink in...then I like to line my lips with a liner, for Feels So Grand I use the MAC lip liner in Brick, for Recollection I like to use MAC lip liner Magenta - it can be pretty pricey to get the matching lip liner to match every shade so I also have the Milani anti-feathering lip liner in transparent just in case I don't have the lip liner!

I line my lips and then apply the Retro Matte Liquid Lipstick. Whilst it dries I clear up any errors with my concealer, then I apply Lipcote on top for that extra staying power!

They tend to stay on really really well, just the usual inner lip fading after food which is so annoying, but overall these liquid lipsticks are bulletproof!!

If you havn't tried any of the MAC Cosmetics Retro Matte Liquid Lipsticks yet, dont worry you haven't missed them as they are a permanent addition to MAC Cosmetics but are always sold out, so grab them when you can! UK readers you can find them here on the MAC website for readers in the rest of the world you can also find them on the MAC website.

Until next time, you can find me on Twitter and Instagram :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment